Do You Need A Virtual Assistant For Your Business?
I often hear the question ‘You do what?’ So, I thought I’d take the opportunity to explain more about what a Virtual Assistant can do for a business.
A Virtual Assistant is essentially an administrative consultant or a partner who can multitask and get things done for you. This is a partner who is also available to advise you about tweaking your business so that it is more streamlined and efficient. If you own or manage a business, but find that you are spinning your wheels in the sand each month trying to get all the administrative details done, enter the VA. Since VAs provide services remotely, but only when you need them, hence you WILL additionally save time and money.
Your virtual assistant will partner with you in these areas:
- Email support
- Calendar management
- Appointment setting – This isn’t actually a typical thing a virtual assistant takes on and is often better handled by someone there in your office or a call center, but if it doesn’t require live calling, some virtual assistants will be able to handle this task.
- Database support – Many virtual assistants really shine in this area.
- Social media support – Your virtual assistant may not be a marketing guru, but she can likely help you keep a consistent presence in social media.
- Hardware advice – Need a new computer, your virtual assistant is no stranger to the internet and can build a comparison document for you or spreadsheet if needed to help you find the best tech at the best price.
- Smartphone setup – This isn’t for everyone but definitely something that I have found myself doing on a regular basis for clients whether in person or over the phone.
And many other more specialized areas as well…
- Web development
- Internet research
- Data entry
- Video editing
- Ghost writing
- Graphic design
- Liaison for clients or with other businesses
- Speaking engagements
- Event Planning
This list is by no means exhaustive list and while any administrative work can be done remotely, this is a specialized service. Not all virtual assistants are created equally so don’t settle, remember you get what you pay for. Working with someone remotely may take some getting used to, but soon you will not remember what life was like without a virtual assistant.
A virtual assistant is also the ideal solution for businesses that need full- or part-time office assistant, but don’t want to pay for office space, furniture, computers, coffee breaks, benefits, taxes and vacation? With virtual assistant services, you’ll pay a flat rate regardless of how long the work actually takes. Since you will be saving on regular in office expenses you will be able to afford the best virtual assistant.
Whew! Seriously? You ask! That’s right and the benefits are too many to count. So what is a virtual assistant? A virtual assistant is THE solution for small business and office management.
Have you used a virtual assistant? If so, what has your experience been?